Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Twitter is the New Black, and I Have No Idea What That Means

Keeping up with the kids and their darn loud music and hoola hoops is an avocation of mine. The technology advantages they have today--texting to alleviate the boredom of driving, email so they can help poor Nigerian princes with their finances, Double Stuff Oreos for, well, just 'cause they're there.

Granted, keeping my toe in all this technology has left me puzzled. This amazingly erudite blog, for instance, averages .34 hits per month, which probably means that some guy reads it but doesn't pay full attention. Facebook seems like a wonderful place if you're interested in cyber farming or acting out your Sopranos fantasies.

And then there is Twitter. I hear that people on twitter have thousands (some even millions) of followers. So I instinctively got an account and waited for the masses to follow the missives generated by my never ceasing data mining of my Science Fiction DVD/Bluray collection.

For example.

LKF-- in 1st draft of 2001:ASO Dave Bowman's last word; " My god! Its full of ham!"

And this.

LKF--James T. Kirk's favorite method of computercide was the phaser (60%). Talking them to death was a distant 2nd at 40%.


You can't just wander over to the guys dozing off at the Genius Bar in your nearest Apple store to get this info.

Still, I figure that all those big twitter accounts had to start with just the one follower. I mean, for months and months, just the one follower. Right?

Just a thought.

KGH

P.S. LKF "Little Known Fact". Sorry for the confusion.

No comments: