Thursday, June 26, 2008

Robots Redux


While cleaning out the hard drive I found parts of an old project I did several years ago. It was lost during the move to Colorado (it got backed up on media that didn't survive the trip). Here is an AO render of what's left. Most of the models are a rev or two out of date, but you get the idea. I'll be using it for speed testing a dual Xeon server I'm fixing up for my poor man's render farm.


This is the lighting test done shortly before the crash and burn. It was halted just after the (still) mysterious robot color change in frame 293.



Now would be a good time to wash this taste out of your mouth by going to see "Wall-E", Pixar's latest film by the guy who directed "Nemo" and helped write "Toy Story".

Kelvin



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this!

It looks like the lighting change on the robot is related to the position of the moving vehicle (blocking a light)?

Guess we will never know.

khickman said...

Yeah, it was goofy. It wasn't casting a shadow, it was somehow deactivating it. Too bad the original files are gone. I'm reconstructing the models by looking at the frames stored on a hard drive. The lighting has been tougher to rework.