Friday, May 18, 2007

Headshot

Just a shot post to prove that I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth just yet...

This head shot of the sidekick character isn't quite ready for prime time, but close enough to post. The body is quite a different matter. Modeling spandex uniforms makes doing a superhero pretty tame. Making a character that has more natural clothing is another matter altogether. That's the next hurdle, which I'm working on parallel with geometry fixes to the first character (see Model Sheet Madness above).

2 comments:

Trey said...

This looks good. Is the nose still the 2d face?

How would you animate her turning her head? Just pop the nose from one angle to the other?

.trey

khickman said...

Yeah, that's pretty much the method. No big trick. If a character turns their head, you only have a frame or two to contend with the change in aspect, so it's not noticeable that there's a cheat.

A side note: my blog is no longer notifying me of comments, so I apologize for not checking my site earlier.